Sunday, June 22, 2008

Shaving Soap with Rhassoul and Hazelnut


After a short break, I’m back with a new shaving soap recipe. This soap contains rhassoul, which has quickly become my favourite soap-making clay. The type I use is beige, and very mild. As well as adding slip and glide, it produces an amazing creamy lather.

Shaving Soap with Rhassoul & Hazelnut:

30% Olive Oil
27% Coconut
21% Hazelnut
12% Cocoa Butter
10% Castor

For every 500g of oils, add ½ teaspoon of rhassoul.

This soap does take a little extra curing time, but the hazelnut adds a bit of extra hardness.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to let you know how much I've enjoyed your tutorials I've seen at other blogs (I believe both the Soap Queen blog and The Soap Bar blog have featured your teachings)!

I've only done cp soap once (with a homeschool co-op), and plan to try it again in the future, but of late I've become more intrigued by the hp method, so I foresee spending a lot of time at your blog. :)

Thank you for your helpful blog!

gracefruit said...

Aw, thanks! That's very kind of you. I started out making HP, and didn't try CP until much later on. HP is pretty forgiving, so I think it's especially nice for beginners.

Please let me know how you get on with HP.

E xx

Charlotte said...

Lovely sounding soap! Definately trying this!

gracefruit said...

Hi Charley! Please let me know how you get on with the shaving soap.